Complaints – banking and financial arbitrator (ABF) – conciliation procedures
The customer may contest the Bank’s actions by submitting a complaint by registered letter, fax, e-mail or certified e-mail to the following addresses: Banca CF+ S.p.A. Ufficio Reclami Via Piemonte, 38 00187 Roma Fax n. +39 06.5740269 Posta elettronica: email@example.com Certified email: firstname.lastname@example.org The complaint must contain the complainant’s details (name and surname, telephone number, e-mail), the reasons for the complaint, the signature or similar information that allows the client to be identified. The Bank must respond within 60 days of receipt of the complaint. If the Bank does not respond within this period, if the response is not satisfactory in whole or in part, or if the acceptance of the complaint is not implemented, the client may apply to the Banking and Financial Arbitrator (Arbitro Bancario Finanziario, or ABF). To find out how to apply to the ABF and the scope of its competence, you can consult the website www.arbitrobancariofinanziario.it, ask at any branch of the Bank of Italy, or ask the Bank. The decision of the ABF does not prejudice the possibility for the customer to file a complaint with the Bank of Italy or to appeal to the ordinary judicial authority. For further information, the following are available to the Client:
- ABF in simple terms
- ABF appeal form
- Instructions for filling in the ABF appeal form
- Guide to the appeal and to the use of the ABF portal
- News: ABF portal press release
For the purposes of complying with the mandatory mediation obligations set out in Legislative Decree No. 28 of 4 March 2010, before appealing to the judicial authorities, the Client and the Bank must go through the mediation procedure, as a condition of procedural feasibility, by appealing:
- the Banking Conciliation Body set up by the Financial and Bank Conciliator – Association for the settlement of banking, financial and corporate disputes (Conciliatore Bancario Finanziario – Associazione per la soluzione delle controversie bancarie, finanziarie e societarie – ADR) (conciliatorebancario.it, where the relevant Rules can also be consulted), or
- to one of the other mediation bodies, specialised in banking and financial matters, listed in the appropriate register kept by the Ministry of Justice.
The procedural condition set out in the aforementioned regulations is deemed to have been met if the Client has gone through the aforementioned procedure at the ABF.
- Report on complaint handling activities 2021
- Report on complaint handling activities 2020
- Complaints handling report 2019
- Complaints handling report 2018
- Complaints handling report 2017
- Complaints handling report 2014-2016
Learn more about complaints from Esagon, the deposit account of Banca CF+.