Opening a deposit account
Details and additional information about how to open a deposit account.
The fixed-term deposit account by Banca CF+ is a simple, clear, and straightforward investment.
You can lock in your savings with rates up to 4,50% for 12 to 60 months and choose between an easy-access or fixed-term range.
With the Banca CF+ deposit account, funds that are not invested earn interest, and when you choose to activate a fixed term, you will enjoy higher returns.
You can open as many accounts as you want.
The deposit account can only be opened by adults with Italian citizenship and tax residence.
- People with dual citizenship cannot open the deposit account.
- People who live abroad cannot open the deposit account.
- People who live in Italy but have foreign citizenship cannot open the deposit account.
- People who were born abroad can open the deposit account if none of the above applies to them.
Citizens born in the United States must prove that they have renounced their American citizenship via specific certification. This is the only way to open the deposit account. The certification can be sent to the following email address: email@example.com with the subject line “American citizenship renunciation certification and [application number]”.
The deposit account can have up to two account holders. If you choose to open a joint account, you will need to enter the details of both account holders when signing up.
To open the deposit account, simply visit the website and begin the application procedure by clicking on the “Open an account” button. The following steps are required to successfully open your deposit account:
1) Fill out the application form:
- Enter your personal details
- Choose two identification documents
- Determine which account you want to link and save as the only valid account from which deposits can be sent and to which the funds you withdraw from your deposit account can be transferred
- Choose a signature method and send the documents (electronic via OTP or paper)
2) Send a paper copy of or upload your identification documents, based on what you chose when filling out the application form
3) Sign the contracts electronically or by hand, based on what you chose when filling out the application form
4) Send the signed contracts, if you chose the traditional signature method
5) To activate the account, send the account verification transfer to the IBAN associated with your deposit account, indicating your first and last names as the recipient and “Deposit account activation application no. XXXXX” as the reference.
6) Transfer the minimum fixed deposit of €10.000.
To open your deposit account successfully, you need to make a bank transfer to verify your account as per the following conditions:
- It needs to come from the linked account indicated in the application form
- It needs to be sent to the IBAN of your deposit account, indicating your first and last names as the recipient and “Deposit account activation application no. XXXXX” as the reference.
When opening a joint deposit account, you will need to make two account verification transfers, one for each account holder, which must come from the linked accounts you indicate. If the deposit account is a joint account, two bank transfers must be made, one for each deposit account holder.
The amount of the bank transfer to activate the account is entirely up to you, but the minimum fixed deposit is €10.000.
To open the deposit account you must have:
- Tax ID or health insurance card
- Two identification documents
- Bank details for the linked account
- Phone number
- Email address
As your primary identification document, you can choose one of the following:
- Italian identity card
- Italian passport
- Italian driver’s licence
As your secondary identification document, you can choose one of the documents listed below, which cannot be the same as the primary document:
- Italian identity card
- Italian passport
- Italian driver’s licence
- Household utility bill
- Certificate of residence issued by your municipality or local government
- Photo ID issued by a local government.
Your identification documents must:
- Be valid
- Be scanned front and back, showing a clear photo and legible information
- Contain a handwritten signature.
Additionally, if you choose a household utility bill as your second identification document, it must:
- Be dated within the last three months
- Be addressed to the deposit account holder
- Refer to the domicile indicated in the account application.
Signing a document electronically is very simple and fast. The electronic signature is created using a security code, or OTP (one-time password). OTPs are valid for a limited time. They are temporary passwords that make the signing process absolutely secure. When signing, you will receive a code via SMS to your phone. A window will automatically open during the signing process, asking you to enter the security code and confirm. At this point, the documents will be signed and you can continue with the first bank transfer to activate your deposit account.
The electronic signature service is entirely free of charge, because it is only activated when signing the contracts to open the deposit account.
By accepting the terms and conditions of the electronic signature form, you agree to the revocation of the signature certificate once the document signing process is complete. Therefore, your electronic signature is automatically revoked – by the accredited certifying body with no need for any request – immediately after the deposit account application form is signed.
There is no separate revocation document, since this happens automatically.
The application number is on the first page of the application form.
The linked account is established during the application process to open an account and is saved as the only valid account from which deposits can be sent and to which the funds you withdraw from your deposit account can be transferred.
The bank transfer to activate the account must therefore be sent from the linked account, which must meet the following conditions:
- It must be an Italian account, so with international CIN “IT”
- It must be in the name of the deposit account holder.
It is possible to choose a joint linked account, but it must contain the name of the deposit account holder.
In the case of a joint deposit account, it is possible to choose:
- Two different linked accounts, one for each deposit account holder
- A single linked account in the name of both deposit account holders.
Yes, it’s possible. Simply log on to Internet Banking in the “Edit personal details” section and download the dedicated form. The form must be completed, signed and uploaded, along with a valid identification document, in the dedicated section. For security reasons, you will need to phone our Customer Service team to confirm and implement the change.
There is no minimum balance to open the deposit account. The amount of the first account verification transfer to activate the account is entirely up to you.
That said, the minimum fixed deposit is €10.000. A single bank transfer €10.000 or more will mean you can starting saving with no extra steps or waiting.
No, the smallest increment is €1.000. So, you can deposit €10.000 or €11.000.
No, there is no maximum amount.